Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A friend of ours needs help...

The blog is kinda dead isnt it?? Stupid trials..

Anyway, heres some inside information on Zhao’s greatest secret.. A secret hes been hiding from us all for all this time. I wont hold anything against him though, coz its pretty bizzare, and if it was me I’d have done the same thing and not tell anyone.

So here it is.. Hold your breath everyone..

He’s suffering from a severe case of Peter Pan Complex!!!

I can pretty much imagine everyone's reaction to this very very disturbing news.. Like - WHAT THE????

Now i've seen everything... Notice how his abnormal-long-legs and overall size dwarfs the whole slide/playground.. massive..


See how much he enjoyed it? This is so... I've got nothing to say.. Speechless..


OK you can breathe normally now.. Time to get serious.

To those who dont know, Peter Pan complex is a deep-seated belief that one will never, and must never, grow up. It is named after the legendary character of the same name who lived in Neverland, a place where kids are immune to aging.

This is what Zhao told me -


"The story of Peter Pan fascinated me as early as five years old, way before I knew what it was like to feel like an adult. I kept an image in my mind of a particular moment in the play, when Peter Pan flew into the children's window while they were sleeping and brought them off to Neverland. I think that scene delighted me because I, like other kids, had fears associated with sleeping - probably some combination of darkness, robbers, and dying. The act of sleeping itself is such a mystery to me even now, that I can understand why my young mind would see it as fertile ground for something mystical and unknown to happen.

The very idea that one could be saved from the creepiness of sleep, from the powerless grasp of unconsciousness, was not only plausible, it was too wonderful not to believe. In that protected, naive state that characterizes children, I hazily imagined the eternal playground where Peter Pan lived, with its lush flora, children swinging on vines, parties, dancing, laughter, and complete removal from that other dimension known as everyday life.

That picture in my mind is still there. It has been weathered by the army of adults who have politely tried to tear it up with their rules and reminders about "the real world," but the stubborn five year-old inside of me has resisted. In truth, I don't believe that we are damned to honest work ethics and middle class toil. I believe that I could be walking through the streets of KL, turn a corner, and enter a jungle with raging rivers, sparkling waterfalls, and fairies swooping through the sky.

I am in love with childhood and with Neverland. I only wish I could find a way to bring back the vividness of that magical place that I knew best when I was five. If I could re-build Neverland exactly as I remember it, I would - anything to reclaim the hope of living forever as a child.

This is Peter Pan Syndrome. Those who don't have it are missing something vital. After all, as Peter Pan said, "Fairies can only exist if you believe in them.""


Pretty amazing huh?? So what should we do? I for one, think therapy is the only solution.. Any other suggestion? Please leave a comment, this is important.. K thanks for your time..

8 Comments:

Blogger ryinz said...

cute~...but whats wrong with Peter Pan Syndrome???

7:29 PM, April 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo man.. ice here - So, rebuilding neverland huh? Here's the deal - someone's already done that and he touches young boys as well.. haha, take a guess

8:53 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha Wacko Jacko...

So, he'll be Wacky Zhaoie?

9:05 PM, April 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, true tat man... Wacky Zhaoie, let's see him do the moonwalk while wearing a long wig.. :P

9:45 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger hanhui said...

hmm...I'm still actually waiting for someone to post the video on Zhao and the slide so that everyone can enjoy....

1:20 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger @shok said...

Huh? Fu-Khate? You wrote the stuff in blue font? Nice english! =)

1:31 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger FuKhate said...

Wat Fu-Khate!!! wah u ultimate blurness haha. Haha Zhao....tryin to act cute izzit haha.

3:43 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger @shok said...

Oops.. sorry.. didn't see hafriz's name.. Hafriz.. nice English!

7:38 PM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counter Code
HTML Hit Counter Code