Thursday, December 21, 2006

The long-awaited Cambridge Post.... XD

Sorry everyone I meant to do this long, long ago..but yeah...anyway, here's Cambridge!

This is a view of River Cam..taken when we went punting. A lot of pretty ducks around...



Presenting Shirley the lady puntress...




And here's myself punting..




Shirley and I..on Jesus Green...on the day we all had this crazy idea of wanting to picnic in winter...




This is the cockerel placed in the hall of Jesus College. According to our friend from Jesus, it is worth 3 million pounds because it was stolen from an African tribe. Haha...3 million pounds. If you try and steal it, armed police will come.




And this is the horse in Jesus College. The rules say that you can ride it but you can't step on the lawn. O.o....put some planks and hop across...haha



In Trinity College: The famous Sir Isaac Newton. I heard that the whole apple-dropping-on-his-head story is actually a myth though.






A view of people punting. Err..the building at the back is St. John's College I think...





This is the Trinity College Chapel....Huge.....






The main entrance of Trinity College...one of the biggest and richest colleges around. Oh actually I think it is the richest one. And the biggest also.




The Bridge of Sighs. I heard a few different myths about the origin of its name. Cambridge is a place full of funny stories..don't really know what to believe. Was it called Bridge of Sighs because the prisoners always walked past it and sighed as they went along? Shirley, Arun, Ashok...help....! Hehe...I don't remember.




St. John's New Court...the second largest and richest college in Cambridge. Oh..it was rumoured that Harry Potter was filmed somewhere here...but I heard that the actual place was actually in Oxford.




Oh....Most of the pictures were taken on a day after term when a few of us finally found time to tour Cambridge. Yeah I know that to properly tour the university only 2 months after being a student there is sad. Lol..And I just realised that I don't have any pictures of my own college. I'll take more pictures when I get back... =p Well, Shaun, Le Hong and Samuel just got back from there. Post...!

Well, it's freezing cold here. It's worse than being in a fridge. Seriously. And I do miss hanging out with you all back in Malaysia. Niwayz, have fun everyone! Treasure the sunshine. If you are back home. Hope to see you all again soon. =p

5 Comments:

Blogger MICHELLE said...

I've seen the photos on your multiply, Jo! But I haven't comment yet. xP

Beautiful! -^__^- Okie. I'm done.

12:53 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger $ª○ £éê~** said...

Hehe...yeah,beautiful place =)

The sunshine here is too hot to be treasured,should mix it with uk's wan xD ahaha~

3:02 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger hanhui said...

Yup I agree! Really beautiful place. Although some pics is in the multiply but it's better in the blog. Got commentaries

3:08 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger ryinz said...

yerr...its like heaven compared to imperial la...

10:48 AM, December 22, 2006  
Blogger CWKen said...

fottingham in semenyih is still da best lah wei hahahahaha ... k u all noe dats pure bullshit rite? garrrr sien lar here got nuting but palm trees n fugly buildings =.= .... can somebody sponsor me go nott uk ar?

12:32 PM, December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counter Code
HTML Hit Counter Code